Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Post-Transplant Day 16

Today is another momentous day.  I had my last appointment at the Stanford ITA (Infusion Treatment Area)!  My white blood cell count is 4.9 K/uL (the normal range is 4 - 11).  My platelets were also high enough where they're confident I won't need a blood transfusion, so they removed my central venous catheter.  This means no more covering myself in saran wrap before showering, no more flushing the lines every night and changing the dressing every week, and it means I can finally go back to sleeping on my stomach.  :)

I have a follow-up appointment after Day 30 with my Bone Marrow Transplant doctor.  He'll review everything and ultimately see whether I'm fit to go back to work.

In the meantime, I'm still on my strict low microbial diet, and I still can't leave the house without my mask, but praise God for getting me through thus far.  I'm feeling pretty strong, though still tired from time to time.  I'm eager to go back to work, but I'm going to spend the time I have off focusing on recovery.

Thanks for the continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment