Monday, March 23, 2015

The New Normal

Sorry I haven't posted much lately.  Life is a bit strange at the moment.  After having my world turned upside down with the cancer diagnosis, it's a little unnerving how quickly I've adjusted to this new normal.

I'm feeling a bit conflicted.  Is it alright to feel complacent when I have a serious disease?  Should I be more concerned?  More angry?  More distraught?  Maybe this is just the grace of God that has enabled me to adjust to this new phase of life.

***

My friend, Todd, told me about a book by a Christian author who also was diagnosed with multiple myeloma at a relatively young age.  His book is entitled Rejoicing in Lament: Wrestling with Incurable Cancer and Life in Christ.  Here's a quick review I found on the book.  I hope to post my own review here once the book arrives and I finish reading it.

1 comment:

  1. God gives us peace that transcends all understanding! It's beautiful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete